Stumped for ideas?
Here's a 10 cent way to generate $100 content for your blog:
Back up a bit. Kate Bourland's "members only" post got me to thinking about writer's block. We struggle--she and I--with the desire to post interesting, useful content.
I've found something that works for me. See if it works for you.
I take a legal pad, and spend five minutes listing things I experienced today. My blog posts come out of a list of ordinary, mundane stuff:
* an underwriter conditioned me for something I couldn't get.
* on my way to my first listing appointment, I drove past a mountain that seems insurmountable.
* I read about Platial mapping on Inman.
* A visitor to my BNI chapter had a tatoo that you couldn't miss!
* Marlene Bridges in California posted an interesting "legacy" article. It got me thinking.
When I scribble my thoughts on paper, the ideas seem to flow. It's trying to think of a great idea that stumps me.
Let me know if this works for you.
One other thing. The idea for this post came while I was commenting on Kate's blog. Thoughtful comments are food for the soul and grist for blogging. Thanks, Kate Bourland!