I've seen some interesting things as home decor, but this one surprised me.
The old BMW is a little dusty because my friend, the owner of the home, is renovating his kitchen. He needed some help, and I offered free labor as a carpenter.
My question about the motorcycle in the living room earned a short response: "It's art." But then he educated me about the BMW company.
Here's what I learned.
- The blue and white BMW logo represents a spinning propeller.
- BMW manufactured some of the world's most sophisticated airplanes prior to WWII.
- The post-WWII restrictions on Germany by the Allies included a prohibition to BMW's aircraft production. They decided to build motorcycles and cars.
- This particular motorcycle has no battery. Like a small plane, it has a magneto to provide the spark for combustion.
You probably couldn't have made it through the day without knowing this, could you? :)
- VA Loans: 100% purchase loans for active or honorably discharged veterans
- FHA Rehab loans for fixer uppers: up to $35,000 on top of the purchase price
- Kiddy Condo loans instead of shelling out big bucks for your student's housing
- Conforming conventional loans
- USDA Rural Home Loans, including purchase loans for Manufactured Homes.