So I'm awake at 2:00 a.m. and quietly slip out of bed and make my way in the darkness to our home office. Active Rain is my night job, when I am suddenly awake with no chance of going back to sleep for a couple of hours or so. And I find I have been memed by Erica Wallace in Boston! What's up with that?
I followed her instructions, and met Jay & Francy in Phoenix. They are keepers of the Meme Rules. The rules say I have to tell you 5 things about myself that you didn't know. Pretty easy, I'm thinking, since I've only been on AR for two weeks, and nobody knows me! So here goes:
1. Arizona is home by choice. We're blessed! The manufacturing company that employed me in my last life is based in Moorestown, NJ. They offered me a National Sales Manager position, but stipulated that I had to move "out west." Since I would be traveling each week with my salespeople, there were only two requirements: (a) west of the Mississippi in North America, and (b) within striking distance of a major airport.
2. My mom wore Army boots. Mary Jane was a lieutenant and a nurse in WWII. She took her training at Maryland General Hospital, and volunteered. Go Army!
3. The University of Arizona College of Nursing is my cause. The "cause?" Cause I'm getting old, and there's a nursing shortage in the good old US of A! Our PhD and DNP (Doctor of Nursing Practice) programs train future faculty members around the world. Dean Marjorie Eisenberg rocks! Our graduate program is ranked in the top 4% in the nation by US News and World Report!
4. I'm a fly fisherman who has not wet a line in Arizona. Iceland, though. And the Beaverkill back east, the Wind River range here in the west, and so forth.
5. I was raised in the rainforest of Suriname, South America. So it's a good thing mom was a nurse! We lived with a tribe of American Indians 350 miles from the coast, on the Suriname / Brazilian border. We swam with Pihranas and dined on monkey. Robinson Crusoe is a favorite, because that's what life was like in the jungle! Pop was a linguist; that's him on the left, doing translation work.
Come visit my blog again; I'll try to keep it interesting--both visually and verbally!
I'm Mike in Tucson, your preferred Tucson, AZ mortgage lender